COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Simple Cabinet Makeover

Last week I worked on a fun cabinet makeover!  I have been needing 
a functional storage piece for our kitchen at the lake. The lakehouse 
was built around 1950, has very little storage, and small closets.  
So I am always looking for ways to remedy that situation!

{I participate in DecoArt's Blogger Outreach program, 
and was provided with the product used to re-do the cabinet.}



I found this nice wood cabinet at the thrift store.  It has two drawers, and the interior has a shelf.  I wasn't crazy about the color, though.  (Sorry...I had already started painting when I thought to take a photo...couldn't wait to get started)


I wanted a simple, clean finish and used two coats of 
DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish paint in the Yesteryear color...a light gray.


I chose not to distress the paint, and I even painted the knobs.
I followed up with a coat of Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish to seal it. 
Such an easy transformation.


We brought it down and put it in the kitchen, against a brick wall.
I will be adding a wall rack above it for pots and pans. I love how it turned out, 
and it will provide some much needed storage to the kitchen!




If you would like to see more of my projects, be sure to visit my Projects Page!


Until next time...

18 comments

  1. Very cute! Love the color you chose.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Linda! That's my favorite gray paint too--I just finished a small project with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cabinet and that color is perfect! You do such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used that DecoArt color on a number of projects--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I love how that looks. Makes it look like a whole new piece. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color is great on this cabinet. That cabinet will provide a lot of extra storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cabinet and it fits your space perfectly! Love the color - I always say paint can transform a tired looking piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty color! That looks like a great storage piece too. I hope you enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty transformation. It looked outdated before, but looks so fresh and pretty now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color Linda. This looks so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great transformation!! That's an adorable cabinet, can't wait to see the pot rack above it, that will be a perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little paint did for this piece is like night and day.
    Sometimes I look at a piece a second guess.... Do I want to tackle it? When the piece has taken on a new look I say to myself why did I even doubt the piece wouldn't be perfect. I am sure Linda, that this serving chest was one of those pieces that you gush over now??

    Love the sweet tone of blue.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable. I love the color. It's styled to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice transformation, Linda! Love the color! x K

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks wonderful.... I love the colour you picked.

    Funny how tastes in colour change....

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This cabinet turned out wonderful! Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, that looks fab! I have a cabinet that I am going to paint soon, and loved that paint you used. We did Erika's little table for her trailer in that same color. It went on like a dream! This will be a perfect addition to your lake house kitchen!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely makeover, Linda. The cabinet looks beautiful in gray.
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!